TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Age limitations?
#1 Parent ANET - 2008-07-19
Re: Age limitations?

I have been teaching English in South Korea for almost five years. I have met several native English teachers here who are over 50 years of age, some in their 60s. Most fit in quite well. With your experience, and if your health is good, you would be welcome by reputable schools here.
You may prefer small hakwons that have only one or two foreign teachers. Some directors of schools that teach adults told me they consider older teachers more reliable, but adult schools usually employ on split shifts morning and evening.
Hope this is helpful.

James T - 2008-07-16
Age limitations?

Hi All, I have 20 years teaching experience in industry, high school and college levels. I would like to explore ESL opportunities overseas but I am 57 years old. No, I don't want to retire, teaching keeps me feeling young and helps me to retain my sense of humor (humour, for the purists). Most of all, I still enjoy seeing the smiles of success on the faces of my students. Who could give that up? Back to the point of this post, can you give me any hope that someone will take a chance and hire this this old devil? I have lived and worked in Asia before so there are no surprises for me in that respect.
Thanks for any advice. James

Return to Index › Age limitations?

Go to another board -