TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Turncoat Teachers
#1 Parent Raoul Duke - 2008-08-04
Re: Turncoat Teachers

I'm finding these responses...inconceivable...even considering the source. I'm stunned.

I'm not talking about being compliant and cooperative. These are in general good things, for ANY employee anywhere, and I'm purty much fer 'em. I thought I'd been reasonably clear that being cooperative when you should be cooperative was the right thing to do.

No...I'm talking about foreigners helping those Chinese bosses who do chose to be unscrupulous, BE unscrupulous. Willingly taking part in actions that they know full well to be dishonest and wrong. Blithely selling out other foreigners for their own unfathomable reasons.

I don't know...is it worth shanking other foreign teachers to keep your 8000 RMB/month job as DoS at Happy Lucky All-Male-Sons Olympic ISO9002 California Taikonaut Fortune English Academy? Or should we "not bite the hand that feeds us", even if that hand is also illicitly emptying the pockets of our colleagues?

I can honestly say I've never done anything like this when I've had stints in management positions.
When the school was in the right, I backed the school to the hilt.
When the school was in the wrong, I stood up for the teachers.
I can't really conceive that anyone would do differently...but then I guess they obviously do.

Return to Index › Re: Turncoat Teachers

Go to another board -