TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Teachers..
#1 Parent Birdman - 2008-08-05
Re: Teachers..

You've made a few too many inferences there. I've been working at my current institution for the last 6 months. I guess I should've explained myself better, but my point was I'm not playing the popularity game with the other teachers.
I'm consistent in my planning and manner in the classroom, and am not considered as approachable when it comes to student's personal problem (in the case of academic problems I'm often approached). Frankly that doesn't bother me, I don't want to discuss relationship or family problems with students. That's what friends are for.
The reason for my post was, not to have my personality judged, but to read some other stories of unprofessional teachers, as I find the stories humorous. Like today when I overheard a colleague having a cigarette with one of our students, and berating the teachers that give homework. She kept saying over and over again how she never gives homework. It was just funny how much the student's opinion of her mattered.
PS> Just to be defensive, I guess I have to on this forum, I was not spying I simply overheard the conversation, and the teacher is a good person too, just a crap teacher.

Return to Index › Re: Teachers..

Go to another board -