TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › first year teacher
#1 Parent Profesl Howto - 2004-11-28
just out of interest

...what exactly does the sentence "I'm interested to know how one is pessimistic or sarastic?" mean, and why did you use it - apparently - to pass comment on the first chapter of my interesting, informative and (so far) free instruction manual for prospective ESL teachers?

#2 Parent Profesl Howto - 2004-11-28
i said next week

patience my son. try to keep yourself occupied in other ways and not focus too much on the anticipation you must be feeling.

#3 Parent gharwell1 - 2004-11-26
Where is Chapter 2?

Please! Please!
Where is Chapter two?
Everyone already has a T-shirt for Chapter 1.

#4 Parent Profesl Howto - 2004-11-26
Chapter 1: In at the Deep End

Take a deep breath and jump in. (You should very quickly realise that you can't swim. At this point you are advised to start floundering about wildly.)

Don't miss next weeks thrilling instalment!
Chapter 2: Grasping at Straws

#5 Parent Beatrix - 2004-11-21
Oh?

I'm interested to know how one is pessimistic or sarastic?

#6 Parent Bill Burrell - 2004-11-18
there are thousands waiting on this thread to develop

Because we are all wanting to know how to handle being thrown in at the deep end. Please everybody, lets leave the sarcasm and narrow minded pessimism out of this discussion and let something develop than can really help people like Jill, and me.

#7 Parent Beatrix - 2004-11-18
Details Please!

Which country, etc. It seems to make a difference. How did you get recruited, etc?

B ;)

Jill - 2004-11-17
first year teacher

Does anyone have any advice for me? I just graduated last year and have been subbing for the past couple of months. I just got asked to take an ESL position. I am not certified in ESL and know nothing about it. They are giving me an emergency license so I am able to teach this year. Help!! I start in 2 weeks.

Return to Index › first year teacher

Go to another board -