TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Where is the outrage at the van Gogh MURDER
#1 Parent Beatrix - 2004-12-01
Where oh where?

It aint on here coz this aint no board for nothin else but ESOL issues.

#2 Parent News of the World - 2004-12-01
scales of justice

...hmmm...one dead dutch film maker versus 100,000 slaughtered iraqi civilians. is this some kind of loaves and fishes thing?

clearly these moors haven't learnt their lesson yet ay gazza!

#3 Parent Ferpectly right - 2004-12-01
Outrage

I am sure if this was a film buffs board his death would be a hot topic. However, this is an EFL/ESL board, and as tragic, shocking and horrible as it is it really isn't 'on' topic!

As an aside, I had never heard of the bloke before I saw this in the papers. Whilst I don't agree with murder, I also don't agree with the US and the UK invading Iraq, where thousands of innocents have died, but what ya gonna do? I didn't vote for Blair (or Bush come to that) but that's the system for ya.

#4 Parent esl in asia - 2004-11-30
Axis of evil TESOL

You are either with Gary or against him.

gharwell1 - 2004-11-30
Where is the outrage at the van Gogh MURDER

Where is the outrage from the English teaching community at the murder of the Dutch Film Maker Theo van Gogh. He was murdered because Muslim extremist didn't like his film. Why doesn't anybody say anything about this MURDER. Because they will Kill you. It's much safer criticizing Merikee because you know that Dubya won't kill you and will allow you to say what you want. Dubya is fighting against these people who want to MURDER you if you don't agree with them. The key word here is MURDER. So if you are not on the side of the people and ideas of Free Speech as Dubya is then you are on the side of the Murderers. Where do you stand? Free Speech or Murder. There is No Middle of the Road.

Gary Harwell

Return to Index › Where is the outrage at the van Gogh MURDER

Go to another board -