TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Turncoat Teachers
#1 Parent Raoul Duke - 2008-08-11
Re: Turncoat Teachers

Honored and flattered?
Really?
Why?
The reasons for this are as inexplicable and invisible as the "truths" you claim.

I was assuming a certain degree of literacy, but I seem to have been overly optimistic.

An actual careful reading would reveal, to the perceptive, that I was at no point defending the presence of various lowlifes in China...other than saying it was generally not entirely the fault of the lowlifes in question. Nor was I even complaining about complaining about these people.

What I WAS complaining about was the statement that the problems of teaching in China, and all the negative press/posting about those problems, was the fault of these bad teachers. It's not. Never has been, never will be. Blaming the teachers for the bandit behavior of Chinese schools is wrong, and it is indeed 'repugnant. Evil. Traitorous.'

Then...I was actively agreeing with you that there is a huge element of nasty among the teachers here. Said so very plainly. No lies involved anywhere, at least not on my part. I simply disagreed, wholeheartedly, with the assertions you were making based on the presence of those teachers.
So, yeah...you probably ARE the only one who sees a contradiction here. Many of the other posters can read clearly.

Also...you seem to have found further confusion when I talked about websites, employers, and recruiters.
I did mention that one could go to a number of websites and find job listings. Like it or not, this is how most people, most likely including our poor befuddled debater, find a lot of the jobs they get. However, I did not brand all these advertisers negatively; I simply suggested not responding to ads by recruiters.

99% is close enough to the actual proportion of recruiters who ARE scumbags.

The remainder of the "analysis" of this particular set of my statements, like much of the rest of the message, dissolves into incoherence and is beyond rational response. Perhaps the foam from around your mouth was dripping onto the keyboard?

No, really, I'm happy to argue for a while, if at any point you happen to really come up with an argument. Until then, I don't want to do your interpreting and proofing for you.

Return to Index › Re: Turncoat Teachers

Go to another board -