TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › the Crossword
#1 Parent Michael - 2004-12-14
oh no

Geez and people get mad at me because i mention my young Chinese wife? well it's good for perspective lol

#2 Parent esl in asia - 2004-12-11
Ok junior...I'm going to tell your daddy

Spoken like a true 16 year old. Sorry, I don't believe you junior. Come on, does your daddy know youre up at night on his computer? God only knows what that keyboard looks like.

I hate to blow your ESL tire, but I too have experience in many areas, obviously more than you. For starters, Im an engineer by trade and using ESL as a stop over... or foot into Japan. Even though this is not my main professional experience (I only have two years experience teaching), I do quite well with my children, thank you. What you mentioned is nothing I havent done already. Yes, it is a great feeling to see children go from L1 to complete sentences in English.

As I said before, Im glad you love your job. Actually, I will appreciate this experience for the rest of my life. However, I do not see ESL a career, for me. Having said that, please, by all means, stay where you are and live in your fantasies and illusions of grandeur.

You know, if you really want to be more useful than the provincial and proletarian comments you know how to deliver, you could give useful advice in this field. How does it look to new comers to this profession when they see the paragon of English teachers is....well you? Geeze, Id think twice myself.

In fact, the more I see yahoos like you, the more I want to hurry up and go to a job where people are real professionals. Ergo, they have an education and proper training and can do more than teach English. If you really want to boast, why dont you teach mathematics or some discipline that you were not given as a result of just being born in England? You are a real teacher when you have to teach something you must struggle through like your students. Although, after seeing some of your written English, maybe it was an L2 for you. You are British.

Anyway, have fun amusing yourself with your blow-up Chinese doll. Yuk!!!!

#3 Parent The Observer - 2004-12-11
the Crossword

Paul...duuude...i WAS just chillin' bro; did you really think you were going to get away scot-free with calling me a fool? (regardless of whether it is true or not)

Eslinasia, even if you hadn't written so, I would have been in no doubt how glad you would have been of the Arrogant one's return and I anticipate some slightly more spirited and interesting opposition borne of that occasionally embarrasingly cosy relationship that you have with the aforementioned than that which you have been recently been able to individually provide. seriously though, i would have responded to your last post with the old tried and trusted "you can do better than that" if i had had even the slightest confidence that you could. (but i don't.)

Anyway pal, looks like i struck a nerve there with my comments about a lack of qualifications and experience; and no, I wouldn't say i'm "proud" of anything - but i do admit that i get a kick out of seeing students making progress, and am very happy when I can get my classroom approach right such that they are actually wanting to work and to impress me. this is no easy thing and takes experience which I am continuing to accrue.

oh and by the way, you were right on the mark. i have never had a "shag", but i do enjoy a good bout of sensual lovemaking every now and then. alas my libido and free time are not what they were even a few years ago, so i usually restrict myself to every other night. it seems to be ok for the other party though, because too much of a good thing tends to leave her a little drained and sore, and recovery time is essential. perhaps old Arro' could explain this to you if he has a moment. your wife could be forever grateful for whatever small improvements could be made to your obviously highly sophisticated approach to sexuality.

old Arro'; Immaturity, combined with regular exercise and no smoking keeps me looking good and feeling like a young woman. Luckily there is just such a young woman on hand who is as similarly predisposed towards my aging charms as i am to her youthful joie de vivre.

over...

Return to Index › the Crossword

Go to another board -