TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Drawing Parameters....
#1 Parent The Observer - 2004-12-25
Breaking News

Dateline
T'day 27.15
Code Puice

There have been reports that members of the outlawed PLO (Parameter Liberation Organisation) have been infiltrating the language cunningly disguised as issues.

Members of the public are advised that if they encounter a unrecognisable parameter, under no circumstances make any attempt to try to resolve it. Attempted resolution of parameters can create a serious ripple effect in the semantological grammatical continuum, which carries with it the inherent danger of intitiating a geometrically expanding confusion coefficient, a development for which there is only ever one consequence: USD
(Universal Sensibility Destabilisation).

If you do encounter what appears to be a parameter, act strictly according to the following procedure:

1.Back away very slowly
2. Call the Semantotactical Instantaneous Response Squadron (They will arrive within half and hour or so with this robot thingy so that we can all - from a safe distance - set the parameters, resolve the issues, and get back to our shopping and housework.)

AAPDgoldfish

#2 Parent The Arrogant One - 2004-12-24
Ah, those damned parameters!

>\-| Ah, if it isn't The Observer-man! Hello, chum. I've been following your posts, some of which have made me , while others :? . Ergo, I've had to arrive at my own parameters of acceptance or rejection -- much like any other bloody thing in this world. And, yes, parameters WILL vary from person to person depending upon how well-oiled that "machine" is. No, we are not all responsible for reaching our parameters via the same method (i.e., comparative judgment of the performance of others), however I have found it mandatory for us to profess at least some semblance of a standard of acceptance and rejection lest we be branded as ultra-liberal as the Republican Party ( >:-( God forbid!)

No, I can't say that I've ever made the acquaintance of Signori "X" and "Y" of the "Axis" Family, nor do I recall ever having used them as examples of logic (or otherwise) in my lectures at MY particular pesthole of frivolous folly here in Los Angeles. Please forward any printed advertising which may be available. Are their rates very steep?

Likewise, a Happy Christmas and a Joyous New Year to you, dear sir, and to all others who know me from this discussion board. And promise me one New Year's Resolution, folks: Resolve those parameters ever so carefully!

Love,

The Arrogant One

#3 Parent The Observer - 2004-12-22
...and furthermore

Merry Christmas and all the best to you and all my readers for the New Year!

The Observer - 2004-12-22
Drawing Parameters....

...must be exceedingly difficult - they are just so dashed hard to pin down. That's the thing about parameters - they seem to vary so much, and so often. Maybe you have a machine that sets them for you...anyway I'm enthralled as to which ones you apply your artistic talents to Mr Arrogant... Temperature? Pressure? Levels of incompetency among people who consider themselves as learned and (god forbid) as ESL "instructors"?...

...or perhaps you prefer the good old "x" and "y" - you know, the Axis Brothers. No doubt they are popular subjects at whatever Institute of Abstract Art employs you!

Return to Index › Drawing Parameters....

Go to another board -