TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Feeling About Yakup International..............
#1 Parent L.L - 2004-12-28
Re:Yakup

in response to TM's thread.

I don't know if Yakup really has a wife,he told people that she is his third wife and they have a son.He also told people that he has been working hard to support them which I think is not true as Yakup is so stingy that I am not sure if he could share anything he has with anybody else.
From what i saw,Yakup flirts with every woman he meets,why he employed me was because he said:you are the most beautiful woman I have ever know.I was the only female non-native-English recruiter he has ever employed.He kept promising me things while he tried to convince me that my husband would abandon me and never come back to China(by that time,my husband went back to England to attend his best friend's wedding).He quit seducing me after I told him that my husband was the third in a world-wide Martial Arts competition which is true.since then,he left me alone and turned to his new employed secretary.the poor girl finally refused him and for that Yakup beat the hell out of her with his driver and then kicked her out without paying her.
Yakup had quite a few staff,but they all ended up leaving him without getting paid. Yakup doesn't have the habit to take money out of his own pocket.He often called himself a People Seller in front of us which he took as a joke.
After I left,he wrote me an email said that if I ever black-mouth him he would sue me to death and put me in prison for ever which I took as a threat.
A few days ago,my friend told me that he saw Yakup in the street,he looked so old and tired,that didn't surprise me,if any one works 20 hours a day and 7 days a week without any entertainment and love,he would look like that too.There is only one thing in Yakup that impressed me---hard work.

#2 Parent TM - 2004-12-28
Yakup

How much were you paid Ken to put this message here.

I have been in China three years now and was originally recruited by that shyster. At that time he had non existant people working for him.
I was his "best friend in the whole world", he made all kinds of outrageous promises that neither he no the school could/would keep.

I suppose I was lucky as I ended up doing all my negotiations with the host school myself and had a pleasant two years there.

I know of five other people personally who used Yakup and the same story seems to follow most people.

He is a liar and as LL has posted obviously a thief as well. He is a disgrace to the greater Muslim people. He should have his right hand cut off and his tounge cut out !!!!!.

Use him at your own peril
And by the way his story of having a wife who runs his business in London is rather doubtful as well, but I am sure LL can either confirm that or not better than I.

#3 Parent L.L - 2004-12-23
Lucky

You were lucky that you met Yakup during his Make it Up time,you should feel grateful to those people who fight against him,it is them that made Yakup ever behalf better,even only for two days,and those two days you were with him.I was been employed by Yakup for 2 months,as one of his recruiters,what i saw and what i heard is enough for me to judge a person.I have never recruited him any body after i knew him,and because of that,he charged me money and sold my stuff which I have bought for the accommodation He provided me.
I am so tired of telling everybody about bloody Yakup and his disgusting behavior .I think you people already know what kind of creature he is.

#4 Parent Reflection - 2004-12-23
Yakup's new trick?or he finally got a fan ?

So,How much did Yakup pay you? Can you help me get this job too?Hahaha

#5 Parent Nubille - 2004-12-23
You are so funny AO

Your one-line post is extremely hilarious, Arrogant One, a masterpiece. I totally agree with you. :D :D :D

#6 Parent The Arrogant One - 2004-12-23
A PRO salesman in our midst, no doubt!

YAK-YAK-YAK! MAN ... CAN YOU EVER YAK-it-UP!

#7 Parent Foreigner Teacher - 2004-12-22
Recruiter

He could be a recruiter -working for Yakup

#8 Parent Nubille - 2004-12-22
Very funny

This text about Yakup sounds phoney and funny. Very funny. I have not laughed as much in a long time.

#9 Parent laodeng - 2004-12-22
Hilarious!

Yours is one of the best pieces of parody I've read in a long time. If you are still teaching, then you have missed your calling.

Ken Machado - 2004-12-22
Feeling About Yakup International..............

Wow! My 5 months in China is now over and all I can say is: wow! From the second I arrived in China, to the minute I left, everything went as smoothly as it could possibly have gone. I found a recruiting company online about 2 months before I left for my adventure in China. Yakup International, Co. was yet apparently successful company placing many foreifgn teachers throughout China. I looked through many ESL job forrums and could find nothing negative about them, thus feeling more secure about my decision to confrim my trip with them. Felling nervous and worried all I could think about was 'what if i got screwed over?'. Looking back on things now, there was no reason for me to be worried at all. I was greeted at the Beijing aiport by Cherry and Sarah, 2 employees of the company. Also 2 of the firendliest ladies I would meet on my trip. From there we were driven to the Yakup office where I met 4 other future teachers: 3 friendly lads from South Africa and one young woman from Montreal, Canada; where I currently go to school. We were all very excited to hear that we would all be going for dinner together as Mr. Yakup discussed where he would be individually placing us. The dinner was overand we were driven to a hotel nearby. So far, so good. Meal and hotel paid for; and the next day got only better. One of the office staff took the 5 of us for a day tour of Bieijing. We had lunch, saw some amazing things, went shopping and then back to the hotel before we were off to our respective cities the next day.

As Mr. Yakup had described to me, my little city was quaint yet interesting! The school greeted me and for the next 4 and a half months, I would be treated as a king. Everything I was told was true to the very last detail. I would be given a flat with every amenity included (in my case a 4 bedroom apartment to myself), I would work 20 hours a week, and I would be provided with all the proper working documentation. I felt lucky too. Searching for a 4 month teaching job in China wasn't easy. Most recruiting companies require a minimum of 6 months and even then the perks are not all that great. I got the time desired, the ideal working conditions, royal treatment by both Yakup's company and the school I was assigined to, and most importantly a wage that would rival many other recruiting companies. I met some great people, had the time of my life and did my job while being truly spoiled (by Chinese standards). The school I worked for was located in a poorer city; however, because it was one of the best schools in the county, I was paid quite well. I found that this was generally the case when it came to school's that Mr .Yakup would assign you to. Keeping in touch with some of the other teacher's I had met when I first arrived, they too were in a similar Chinese paradise.

Now, it's time to go back to Canada. The special treatment while back in Beijing did not change. It was as if I had gotten here for the first time again...only in reverse. I'm happy to know that I did an excellent job; and that in the future, should I ever return to China, I can and will most certainly get in contact with Mr. Yakup again. This was the first time I have ever done this, and because of Mr . Yakup, it could not have gone more smoothly. Being 20 years old and in a huge foreign city, Many things could have gone terribly wrong. Mr. Yakup was friendly, honest, and hospitable. He was responsible and very reliable when it came to important times and dates. He never tried to scam us, or take money from us for unecessary things, nor did he charge or fine us for "fees" like some other recruting companies try to do. Most importantly he was fun!

Ken Machado
#1002-1001 Richards Street
Vancouver, B.C.
V6B-1J6
Canada
1-604-222-2097
kensitoceloso@hotmail.com

Return to Index › Feeling About Yakup International..............

Go to another board -