TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Teaching English in China. Link
#1 Parent Sheldon - 2005-01-01
where is your feeling from ?? Link

Dear Mr Interesting

I can feel that your really hate recruiters who provides your services. Of course I dont know where your feeling comes from. GEVU is an organization, which is a service platform bridging our partner schools and the ones who would like to teach in China. We offer paid positions for those who are experienced and well trained, and also we find opportunities for new comers for placement.

Chinese schools pay recruiters 4000RMB per foreign teacher, if he is a volunteer, 7000RMB per teacher I hope so!! I am quite happy if you can give me a hint to find those schools. You think everyone is a business man? You think every school in China is rich enough to pay 4000RMB? 7000RMB? A lot of schools in China do not have enough teaching staff and lots of them even do not have rooms for teaching and learning. GEVU has NEVER taken a penny from ANY of our partner schools. B.T.W, we have more than one thousand partner schools and universities.

We are helping schools and we are helping those who want to have opportunities to teach, either as a volunteer or a paid worker. If you are well-trained, experienced teacher, we can find you a place to stay and enjoy your overseas career (If anyone like you, putting word like asshole, will not be accepted in our partner schools. Do not know how to use English words, how you can teach our students??)

How can we make a living? I dont really need to answer this question as it is not something you need to worry about. However, I can make it very clear for everyone visiting this site that we are non-profit organization; it does not mean we can not make profits. As an organization limited by guarantee in the UK, we are trying our best to make good use of any penny we have for Charity purposes or helping educational projects in developing Countries for FREE! While I am saying that, it is still not clear for you, where is our money from? Dont you think individuals who benefit from our services should make their contributions? I dont mind if you dont want to benefit from our services, but please stop complaining by using words which are not suitable to reflect a good image of good teachers. Anyone is welcome to join this organization, I am sure you will feel at home here, you will make your contribution if you are happy, and we will deliver our first class services for both schools and EFL teachers.

If anyone has any questions, you are very welcome to send me emails for discussion.

Sheldon

#2 Parent Nada - 2005-01-01
Mr Shu Wang=A Recruiter

Mr Shu Wang of EUV sounds like a recruiter to me.I bet he makes a lot of money from being a foreign teachers salesman.

#3 Parent Interesting - 2005-01-01
Doubt about EVU.

"EVU is a non-profit international educational organization registered in the UK."So how you make a living?AS I know,Chinese schools pay recruiters 4000RMB per foreign teacher,if he is a volunteer,7000RMB per teacher .People who visit this website are not idiots,you think you did a pretty good job as a salesman? No,you are just another asshole recruiter who thinks living in UK will make any difference.

#4 Parent Old Spice - 2005-01-01
Slave Labor

Why work for nothing when you can do all those things and get paid for it as well ??

#5 Parent Sheldon - 2005-01-01
Benefits of volunteering teaching in China Link

Offered by www.gevu.org (Global Educational Volunteers Union)

1 Free food and free home-feeling accommodation for a period up to twelve months
2 Valued overseas working experiences to enhance your outlook on life and career
3 Free local cultural training on aspects of local education, law and the social system
4 Free all levels Chinese lessons offered within campus with friendly native students
5 Free local travel to and from airport to campus
6 Free school medical treatments within campus
7 Opportunities to receive free single or return flight tickets from the UK
8 Low working time commitments leave a large amount of enjoyable travel opportunities
9 Free mobile phone SIM card enables you to make immediate contact with family and friends
10 A large selection of over one thousand universities and schools spreading over one of the largest countries in the world incorporating various cultures, amazing scenic spots and thousands of years of history
11 Opportunities to become part of a paid teaching scheme
12 Commitment to teach for over six months entitles you for one month off duty
13 Opportunities to experience life with local families
14 The opportunities to view and be involved in the business activities of a booming Chinese Economy
15 Access to 24 hours local English-based support services
16 Flexibility of contracted period and location to enhance your learning and travelling opportunities
17 Possible accompanies of family can be arranged dependent on campus
18 Opportunities to take part in and learn free Chinese arts and sports lessons

#6 Parent Gerald - 2004-12-28
And the Chinese students????

A Teacher should study how to teach at a University!!!!!And should be born a Teacher.The students know that.
Native or Non-Native.
Can all the Chinese people be teachers abroad as Natives?Nowadays a lot of people want to learn Chinese and they are right.
Who cares about the Chinese students, I wonder??????
The Native-tourists or the Chinese recruiters??????
Stop writing about teaching if you have no idea about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Global Educational Volunteers Union - 2004-12-27
Teaching English in China. Link

Teaching English in China.

Hi guys,

Can't find a job? Need experience? If you are considering teaching English either as a volunteer or paid worker in china pls contact me, we are offering more than 1000 schools in china for you. No problem if you don't have any teaching qualifications. Free accommodation and food. Great chance for travel!
EVU is a non-profit international educational organization registered in the UK. Our main aim is to promote the educational development of developing countries. We are looking for volunteers who would like to teach English in China.

Ref No. 030,
Global Educational Volunteers Union,
Mr Shu Wang,
lao5@hotmail.com

Return to Index › Teaching English in China. Link

Go to another board -