TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Scam: vas.sophias 1,112 10 Athens Greece
#1 Parent Ian - 2005-01-26
scam response

Erin I would like to talk to you more about this because the same thing happened to me. Email me at imatthews20@gmail.com

#2 Parent Erin - 2005-01-11
Yes, it's definitly a scam

First of all, the job sounds too good to be true, most esl jobs in Greece don't have salary and benefits like this, or even consider highering non-eu passport holders.

Second, when you email, or talk with the people of the school they always say they're different people, and never give a straight story.

MOST IMPORTANT!!! The school does not exist, my friend searched up and down for the school at the address that is given in this add, even checked with businesses in the area, no one has ever heard of it!

So sad, I'm one of the jack-asses that gave them my CV and passport info, and am going through the process of protection against identity theft, I would advise anyone else to do the same!

#3 Parent Henry - 2004-12-31
fair enough Link

Fair enough. Shouldn't be happening that. We've spread the word, too.

#4 Parent Maria - 2004-12-31
Athens Scam

I recall a while back someone was asking about this school , Im not sure if shes there or not .

Basically they wanted money for working visa purposes ? Meaning you are not a holder of a EU Passport ?

#5 Parent Teacher - 2004-12-30
250 euros

Yes, they ask 250 euros sent Western Union to a person, supposedly the accountant of the school (that does not exist).

#6 Parent Teacher - 2004-12-30
250 euros

Yes, they asked 250 euros to process the visa.

#7 Parent Henry - 2004-12-30
why? Link

I know nothing about this school and job, but why is it a scam? Rather than just tell us it is, can you provide some proof that there's something awry here?

If so we'd be happy to spread the word, but what is the problem with this?

#8 Parent Maria - 2004-12-30
Athens Scam

I am actually presently enrolled ion the TESL course , looking to further my career in Greece .Emailed them , I recieved an email back . They wanted a CV and the documentation required .

Tried to look the school up on the net , couldnt find anythng . I would be weary with the school that size , and not haveing a propper email address

Did they ask for money ?

teacher - 2004-12-29
Scam: vas.sophias 1,112 10 Athens Greece

WARNING! THIS JOB OFFER IS A SCAM - DON'T REPLY TO THIS JOB OFFER

vas.sophias 1,112 10 Athens Greece

Posted By: English Teachers wanted at Millenium English secondary and primary school Athens <millschathens@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 5 November 2004

Posted By: English Teachers wanted at Millenium English secondary and primary school Athens <millschathens@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 5 November 2004

The mission of Millenium English secondary and primary School faculty and staff, in cooperative partnership with parents and community, is to develop a framework For education whose goal is to provide meaningful and realistic educational experiences for all children. This partnership will develop high quality services and education, in which children and teaches can set goals together, choose the materials and means to achieve them, and follow through on their plans working both independently and cooperatively.

The school is located in the heart of the city of Athens.

The start date is january 2nd 2005

salary:950 euro plus other little allowances.

Work schedule:5 hours daily-monday to friday.
9 am to 2 pm

Stdents level:intermediate

class size:51 to 20 students

Stdents age:Primary(6-12 years)
secondary(12 -18years).

accomodations:one room studio(private)---free

air travel,health insurance,feeding---free

requirements:one year teaching experience,cv/resumes ,recent passport photograph,(school certificates/diploma to be submitted if application is accepted).

Interested applicants should send their applications as soon as possible to Mr.Jerald Hakna ,email:millschathens@yahoo.com

NB/There was a mistake in the previous advert,the correct email address is millschathens@yahoo.com,we appologise for the inconveniences.

Return to Index › Scam: vas.sophias 1,112 10 Athens Greece

Go to another board -