TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Did the school leaders tell you that?
#1 Parent Foxy - 2008-10-04
Re: Did the school leaders tell you that?

Yinwen Laoshi,I'd agree with you on that one.
But due to the number of idiotic replies,unwarranted insults,and last but not least,being called a liar,as a result of my posts,I've decided that this will not only be my last post,but also my last response to the posts of others.
There's no need for me to waste my time when my posts are obviously unwelcome to so many.
But before signing off for good,I'll post the original e-mail minus the Filipino's name and her e-mail address for all you sharks out there,just in case you are distrustful enough to think I wrote it.I believe you are well capable of thinking so.Please don't hesitate to get stuck into it.In fact,get bloated on it!

"Hello Foxy.

The reason they hated blacks was they just play and never teach at all. Then, they are hard drinkers even in the middle of the day where they have to go to class after lunch. also, they got teachers relationship.. which is a big nono in china. about the Filipinos, some are not finishing the contracts and bad accents. really bad.
and when a co Filipino come to work on same school.. then, they become jealous and do bad shit about them.. which I also experienced.

I am a Filipino too. But I had been teaching long and my school liked me because of the improvement I did to the students. I feel happy to work with different people from different countries.

well, life is hard. we sometimes like to do something to help but we just realize that we can't do anything for that."

#2 Parent Yingwen Laoshi - 2008-10-04

Black teachers in China are no more guilty of such things as sleeping with Chinese students than white or Chinese teachers are. The only thing they may be more guilty of is perhaps being more open about it, when they do.

#3 Parent wolf - 2008-10-04

You and Silverboy will become the best of friends.

#4 Parent Foxy - 2008-10-04

Let's see what the lady says.She knows that I've posted this on the board,at the same time preserving her anonymity.
But I'd doubt very much that the school Leaders would tell her that.My guess is her observations and conversations with other FT's and/or Chinese teachers have led her to make those conclusions.
In my case,I've not exactly been a saint in China.I'm a white "fox",guilty of the drinking part and womanising with Chinese women,but never Chinese girl students.More so in the past than now,I'm happy to say.However, "a man's a man for aw that",as is said in Scotland.

#5 Parent Yingwen Laoshi - 2008-10-04
Did the school leaders tell you that?

{Quote}

Hello Foxy,
Two reasons why many Chinese schools don't employ black males as FT'S is that by and large they either just play in class,never teaching at all,or are hard drinkers,even in the middle of the day despite having to go to class after lunch.A third,though less frequently occurring one,is that some of them form short-term romantic relationships with Chinese women,or even girl students,the latter especially being a big no-no in China.
(Quote)

It's funny you should say that, because most of the FTs that I've met who fit that profile were white. So any schools who don't employ blacks because of those reasons are likely to be in for a big suprise.

Return to Index › Did the school leaders tell you that?

Go to another board -