TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › find your replacement
#1 Parent julie - 2008-11-01
Re: find your replacement

Thanks for your input! Regards, Julie

#2 Parent ANET - 2008-10-16

It does not usually happen with reputable hakwons. Why is this teacher leaving? Are there any other foreign teachers at the school who could enlighten you on this?
There is no need to rush in finding a position in Korea. There are plenty of great opportunities for applicants who are qualified and free of criminal conviction.
Good Luck.

#3 Parent Sue - 2008-10-15

Julie,

If you are having a bad feeling from this current teacher and the school, I would suggest staying away from the school all together.

I worked at a school in Po-hang called Butter English Academy and it was a nightmare, the director took advantaged of me anyway possible.

Do yourself a favor, speak with the current teacher and director of the school and ask as many questions as possible.

Best,
Sue

Julie - 2008-10-14
find your replacement

I just got an email from a young woman teaching in Korea. She said she is almost at the end of her contract and was instructed to find her own replacement. This kind of gave me the creeps, I wonder if her employer is holding back some cash-bonus or plane ticket until she finds someone to take her job. Does this sort of thing happen anybody?

Return to Index › find your replacement

Go to another board -