TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: The "Anatomy of Dependence" in Teaching
#1 Parent Turino - 2008-10-30
Re: The "Anatomy of Dependence" in Teaching

callmefred:.. 'Teacher Of The Year' is invariably given to the FT who will not be offered a renewal..!
But given how avaricious most FT's here in China are, it makes sense for deans not to give such awards to those FT's they'd like to retain.That's because award-winning FT's will likely become haughty, and try to negotiate higher salaries for themselves at contract renewal time,something not in the best interests of the employer.
I haven't come across such awards yet.Maybe that is because it's a practice still spreading nothwards from Southern China!

#2 Parent callmefred - 2008-10-29
Re: The "Anatomy of Dependence" in Teaching

"I am very much inclined to believe that the Silverboy poster is the person who makes the difference."
The above statement will come as no surprise to readers of this forum. No matter how good the argument put forward by those non members of the ' own trumpet blowing clique' who tend to dominate the discussions herein, members of said grouping can always be relied upon to support each others claims to know it all no matter how ludicrous they may appear to the non partisan.

By the way, I am reliably informed by the Dean of my Uni. that in an effort to soften the coming blow, the award of 'Teacher Of The Year' is invariably given to the FT who will not be offered a renewal of their contract for the next academic year. OOO-ER !!

Return to Index › Re: The "Anatomy of Dependence" in Teaching

Go to another board -