TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Trouble at Mill with a TA
#1 Parent Turino - 2008-11-18
Re: Trouble at Mill with a TA

Pip wrote: Give a rest Choatle, Turnoi, Turino, whoever you are; you guys have beaten everyone and everything even remotely associated with the China school system - to death! Find something else to talk about. Give you brain a little fresh air.
The one and only Turino's reply: Don't lump me together with other posters. And don't give readers the impression I ONLY criticise the Chinese education system, because that's not true. Don't tell me or other posters what to post about.Finally,don't tell me to give my brain a little fresh air.
Let's not turn this forum into one for 'softies'!

#2 Parent pip - 2008-11-17

Give a rest Choatle, Turnoi, Turino, whoever you are; you guys have beaten everyone and everything even remotely associated with the China school system - to death! Find something else to talk about. Give you brain a little fresh air.

#3 Parent Turino - 2008-11-17

Pip posted: 'Your last post on the subject was deleted by the moderators and now you wiggle around that by posting this.'
But you're way off the mark; my last post was NOT deleted, as per the indisputable evidence in quotation marks below:
"The useless TA!
By:WOS ( Wisdom of Silverboy ) Date: 15 November 2008. Is anyone else sick of TA's? These useless, obnoxious, overpaid young women really need to be put in ...
www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.pl?read=50507
In Response To: The useless TA! (WOS ( Wisdom of Silverboy )). Show message . Is anyone else sick of TA's? These useless, obnoxious, overpaid young women ...
www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.pl?f!2orm=50507"

Incidentally, I had read Wisdom of Silverboy's post before it was unfortunately deleted. As it happens, I agree totally with what he said. Thanks all the same for your advice.Now I'll give you some. In future, get the facts right before you put them into writing!

#4 Parent pip - 2008-11-17

Try to reduce your number of shortcomings and she won't have to report them to your boss. It seems that you understood perfectly what the young lady was saying to you. So, one might ask, why did you correct her?

You really ought to get over this hurdle. Your last post on the subject was deleted by the moderators and now you wiggle around that by posting this.

Turino - 2008-11-16
Trouble at Mill with a TA

Below is what actually happened in a Chinese middle school.Enjoy!
Situation 1, in class.
X: My watch is accurate. It's 12.02. I'll stop teaching, and then we can go for lunch.
Y: No, we must wait for the bell to ring.
X: Maybe the bell ringer has fallen asleep,he's getting on in years,you know.
Y: Stop making stupid jokes. Your jokes aren't funny!
X: I must be going now.See you.
Situation 2, on campus.
Y: I must ease myself.You go to class alone.
X: What do you mean?
Y: My American FT at university told me it means that I must go to the WC.
X: You should say relieve instead of ease;maybe your listening is on the poor side.
Y: No,you don't know American English.
Situation 3, in class.
X (to students):You can say 'go to the movies' instead of 'go to see a movie'. It's shorter and better.
Y (to X in front of the class): You should say 'go to movies'.You needn't use 'the'.
X:(to Y in front of the class): You should trust me. But if you don't you can look it up in an advanced dictionary. It never lies!

X is a rather old non-American male, a native speaker of English only with a maths degree and a teaching qualification in maths and physics, username Turino,

Y is a haughty, but beautiful, recent Chinese university graduate without a sense of humour whose English is dodgy, trying to be a teaching assistant.In my view, only good at befriending gullible students and reporting on my shortcomings to her stingy Chinese bosses for a low salary, someone I can well do without in class!

Return to Index › Trouble at Mill with a TA

Go to another board -