TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Teachers; How Would You Define Teaching?
#1 Parent Yingwen Laoshi - 2008-11-28
Teachers; How Would You Define Teaching?

Thanks for the advice, Turnoi.

You certainly have plenty of experience as regards teaching overseas. My experience is limited to China. Despite its "Wild West", reputation regarding its schools, I think it's possible to find a niche over here where you can find fulfillment in teaching. What is paramount is not where an individual teaches, but where teaching is inside the individual. Having a love of teaching in your heart is the most important thing. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful about what school you teach at, though.

My original post was not meant to be cynical, nor was I complaining or being negative. I was trying to reveal how I truly feel about teaching. My points were not meant to be taken literally: they need to be considered with insight. My hope in posting was to encourage other teachers to share their thoughts and feelings on teaching. This could lead to some encouraging bonding, some insightful debates, and, hopefully, we could also learn something from each other.

Thanks for responding. I was hoping that more teachers would share their thoughts, but I guess there is still time before this small thread disappears into the depths. Anyway, I'd like to add another thought.

Teaching is:-

5....expecting perfection from yourself, yet, not expecting perfection from your students.

Return to Index › Teachers; How Would You Define Teaching?

Go to another board -