TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Visas
#1 Parent Not surprised anymore - 2008-12-23
Re: Visas

Well the wife can easily get tourist visas good for 2 stays at any travel agency in Hong Kong. However, this type of solution is rather tiresome, and you still must exit China every 30 days, since the visas are only good for 30 days each stay.

What the wife can do is simply contact a visa agent, there are many in China, who can get you what you need, I'll say no more. If you do the research you'll find them all over the net. That would solve your problems period. You need to be careful though, some of these "agents" are not real, and steal passports once sent to them. They are rare, but out there.

Look for agents who are not using a yahoo or google or any other free email address. They should have a website, and an email attached to tat website. If they invested in a website they are likely legite. Make sure it's not some cheapo free website though, high quality is something you can easily spot in website design and layout.

Once you find an agent you can trust, you'll have no more visa problems. Watch out though, many are way over priced, and cost more than a simple trip to HK, though what they get you is for a much longer period.

Hope this helps someone.

Bud Braun - 2008-12-22
Visas

Here's one for all the self-styled experts out there. The scenario:
American Male offered and accepts teaching position in Guangzhou, arrives with his wife and child, both holding Phillipine passports, all on Tourist Visas. The school is now faced with securing a Residence Permit for him and a Visa for his wife and child. Anybody know if it is possible to get a Residence Permit or any other type of Visa for his wife? My information tells me that she must go out to Hong Kong every month to get a new tourist Visa, if that is even possible at this point in history. Any information would be appreciated.

Return to Index › Visas

Go to another board -