TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Teaching in Korea, where to start?
#1 Parent manda - 2009-01-16
Re: Teaching in Korea, where to start?

Did you find anything worth a shot? My fiance and I are considering teaching in South Korea but all the bad things the internet is saying has got me a little shook up.... I am talking to a recruiter now but I am definitely being as cautious as possible..

bex - 2008-12-12
Teaching in Korea, where to start?

Hi
Im 24 and have just completed my masters in Fine art in my home country New Zealand.
I would really like to travel and think teaching english would be a great way to fiance my adventure as well as being an enjoyable and rewarding way of interacting with a new culture. I would love to teach in South Korea but am totally overwhelmed by information and don't know where to start. I have considered doing a CELTA course but for the moment they are too expensive and the thought of more study after 6 years doesn't really appeal, it would also prevent me from continuing my present work commitments, so i plan to do it later on after gaining some experience. So I would like to know what are my options? Is it best to do a formal TESOL course of some sort (if not the CELTA) and then find a job by myself, or to find training and placement via an organization? If so are there any organizations that are well known and reliable? Or does anyone know of a good basic course for TESOL that wont cost the earth, take too much time and still meet basic requirements for teaching english? Help!

Return to Index › Teaching in Korea, where to start?

Go to another board -