TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?
#1 Parent Not surprised anymore - 2009-01-17
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?

Hello Forum moderator :)

#2 Parent smack - 2009-01-16

Hi, Choatle.

#3 Parent Not surprised anymore - 2009-01-16

Blah blah blah, and meanwhile does it matter, whatever you are doing, as sensible as it may seem, isn't working either.

I am also curious what makes you a "real" teacher, and not a pretend one? A degree? A calling? You know I have met enough pretend teachers with degrees to find most of what you say laughable. Teaching is a calling, and more importantly, a talent. If you are not talented all the sheep skin in the world won't make you a teacher. Yes I have a degree, but without the talent and imagination, I would not be a teacher regardless of any amount of education and training.

I hear you blathering on and on about ethics and morals, quoting clearly better men, but I don't hear much if anything that is original, even interesting, just a blowhard, tooting his own horn at the expense of others.

I'm trying to follow what your basis for all this moral and ethical talk is, besides just feeling like blathering on, and I just don't see it. OK, some teachers suck, and are unethical, is that what you are saying? This is common sense, and applies to any and everyone, just like everyone lies on occassion no matter how honest. What do you want to tell us next, that the sky is blue, and that the moon is not made out of cheese? Oooooh, huge revelations there.

Does it matter, I'm beginning to wonder if it even matters what you have to say.

#4 Parent doesitmatter - 2009-01-16

Yes, yes, you want to change the world from the top down. How nice. Meanwhile, not being quite so idealistic, and, yes, lacking a holistic view such as yourself, I'd just as soon weed out those who find unethical behavior to their liking. Once that's done, the real work of cultivating a decent educational system in China can begin.

So, why don't you gather up all your holistic friends, the pretend teachers in China, the idealists and non dogmatists and the armchair quarterbacks who think they can solve the world's problems, and who think they know more about America than Americans and march on Washington DC or shout it from the rooftops, for all I care, and see how much good it does you. Meanwhile, I'll just be dealing with one issue at a time in my stodgy, dogmatic way that somehow seems far more logical.

Edward Ericson:
The cosmos is neither moral or immoral; only people are. He who would move the world must first move himself.

Return to Index › Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?

Go to another board -