TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?
#1 Parent doesitmatter - 2009-01-17
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?

Well, we all know how it really. Some unqualified teachers have come here and discovered in themselves an ability to teach, and some have pushed themselves through research and observation to be successful at it. Kudos to those who fall into that category. Some have come here fully "qualified" by virtue of their degrees and unfortunately, fail miserably. Others come here fully unqualified and continue on as if nothing could convince them of their own inappropriateness as teachers and they will continue on as if it matters naught. He who has a mind to do mischief will always find a pretense, said Publilius Syrus.

Nevertheless, thank you, all, for providing me with such enlightened insights and opinions. You've proven the truth of the following adage once again:
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

All kidding aside, though; well, maybe - have a great Spring Festival, and, as you waddle your way to your destinations of choice, please be careful not to trip over your own bruised egos.

Finally, for your perusal because we can all use a laugh now and then, and because sometimes it helps to laugh at ourselves - there's something here for each of you.

When you cannot get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.
Mark Twain

A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking.
Jerry Seinfeld

His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy.
Woody Allen

Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
George Carlin

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
Douglas Adams

Return to Index › Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?

Go to another board -