TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Maximum length of stay in China
#1 Parent Not surprised anymore - 2009-01-18
Re: Maximum length of stay in China

My guess smack is that you did not know this until you had cause to look it up, and dop some research on it. Just as necessity is the mother if invention, so it is also a motivator for learning. If you don't need to know, usually you won't know, just as you likely did not know, (of course you will say you did) until you read this persons post, and felt a need to act superior.

Another example of a bored forumite who gets their kicks by downing others, simply because they can use the google search engine, and have low self esteem. Grow up smack, and spare us all, seems the Chinese government itself doesn't know half of their own regulations, so don't be a troll eh.

#2 Parent smack - 2009-01-18
Re: Maximum length of stay in China

"Middle Kingdom Life recently reported that there was no existence of the so-called 5-year rule in China. It turns out we were not entirely correct. There is in fact an SAFEA advisory guideline that stipulates (based on a literal translation): Foreign experts who come to China cannot stay more than five years. If rehired, it must be after a two-year period. (Weve attached a copy of the guidelines in Chinese. The relevant stipulation is highlighted in red.)

It is interesting to note, however, that we could not find one provincial government official in either Jilin or Hainan province who had even heard of this guideline. In Guangzhou, Guangdong province, section chiefs at two different university foreign affairs offices denied any awareness of this advisory guideline and a third reported hearing rumors to this effect but could not confirm it either way.

As one director of the foreign expert bureau in Jilin City stated with 100% certainty: Foreigners can live in China for as long as they want with legal documents unless they have criminal records. We based our original report on information received from no less than three different PSB directors who, as it turns out, were technically wrongalthough certainly not wrong in a practical sense. If this sounds like double-talk to you, you havent lived and worked in China for very long. " http://middlekingdomlife.com/wp/latest_news/safea-foreign-teachers-and-chinese-boxes/

Does this answer your question? of course not. You've been in China for four years, you ought to know this.....

khan - 2009-01-17
Maximum length of stay in China

i want to know about the maximum length of continuous stay for foreigners who are working legally in China on Z visas ? somebody told me "As a rule the Employee is supposed to work in China not longer than 5 continuous years. The next employment in China should be two years after".
its my 4th year here in china and i want to know that After five years, how long should i stay outside of china. a month, a few days or two years ?

Return to Index › Maximum length of stay in China

Go to another board -