TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › verifying degree
#1 Parent Turino - 2009-02-07
Re: verifying degree

I don't think there are many transcripts issued by universities in the West that have seals.
You state that your diploma was stolen by a previous employer.I'd have thought that it was more likely to have been lost by that employer,especially if the employer were a Chinese one.
I have a transcript of my degree here in China - I was told by a school waiban at one school that that was preferred to an actual degree certificate by the provincial education authority as proof of someone holding a Bachelor's degree.
That said,I should add that my transcript is stamped by my university and signed by the university secretary,all be it in the form of an initialled scribble.
But the university's watermark can be seen clearly on the transcript if you hold it in front of a strong electric lamp.

asking again - 2009-02-07
verifying degree

I recently accepted a job at a school in Shenzhen and they are insisting they need my original university diploma to process my visa. The problem isn't that I don't have a real degree but that my diploma was stolen by a former employer of mine here in China.(My teaching certificates were taken as well.) I have never been asked for my original diploma before but the woman at the office says "Shenzhen is stricter" and that I need it. I have an unsealed transcript. Anywhere else in the world that would be good enough. I can get another diploma but it is going to take time. Can anyone shed any insight on this? I'd appreciate it.

Return to Index › verifying degree

Go to another board -