TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › My release letter, DENIED!?!
#1 Parent Don Pedro - 2005-01-14
Sure

I would think it is entirely legal. You signed a contract for a year so you could get a visa for one month, but the visa (as is usually the case) was issued for a year based on the contract having been signed for a year. The employer controls the release letter as he has your signature on the contract agreeing to work for him for a year. Regardless of what you may have told him verbally, he's holding the signed contract.

My guess is the only real option you have is to hopefully work out with him some sort of monetary compensation for release from the contract.

#2 Parent JJ - 2005-01-14
why was taiwan awfull compared to Korea ?

curious, usually it's the other way around

#3 Parent Jason Lee - 2005-01-14
depends of the contract you signed

Do you had a contract with your former boss in ko?

Jason

Jen - 2005-01-14
My release letter, DENIED!?!

In September, I wanted to renew my E2 visa in Korea for one month. My boss got me to sign a contract, and got my visa extended for a year, until August 2005, despite him knowing I was only staying FOR ONE MONTH, until October. I went to TAwian, worked as an English teacher there, it was AWFUL!!!!!!! :( and now I want to work in KOrea again. Problem is, now my previous boss is REFUSING to give me my release letter and not canceling my visa. Is that right? What can I do? Is that even LEGAL??

Return to Index › My release letter, DENIED!?!

Go to another board -