TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Copy & Paste
#1 Parent Openminded - 2009-03-02
Re: Copy & Paste

Good post. It is said, when in Rome do as the Romans do. We should obey China's laws and be non-confrontational at all times, even when immersed in situations where the Chinese break their own laws. But that doesn't mean we cannot offer advice. And if it is ignored, then that's their loss. In spite of that, we can still have a good night's sleep.

#2 Parent Finnigan - 2009-03-01
Re: Copy & Paste

Actually, I'm still in China. And, yes, I'm still compliant in terms of adhering to the regulations and procedures as outlined by my employers and the government of China. I've learned that butting heads with the leaders won't change anything. If I have advice, I offer it. If they don't accept it, I'll still sleep well. If they do accept my advice, it's only because I'm doing my job and trying to do it better and they realize that. I don't try to tell them how to do their job, but I do make suggestions regarding curriculum and texts. I've been allowed to pilot my own programs and have managed to make changes in terms of texts and learning materials.

Obviously, compliance has more of a negative connotation for you than it does for me in this context. On the other hand, if you knew me, you would probably find that I'm more proactive than reactive. Not quite the little lamb you imagine me to be.

Return to Index › Re: Copy & Paste

Go to another board -