TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › how to motivate teenagers to study English?
#1 Parent Yanni Zack - 2009-03-03
Re: how to motivate teenagers to study English?

Danny,
Now that you know what their interests are, it is time for you to be creative. As we say in teaching, "Think outside the box." I know when you stop to think about it and look at the interests you have described for these students, you will be able to come up with activities that motivate them to learn.

#2 Parent Danny boy - 2009-03-02

I see, but they are still lazy. I already made some songs/mp3 to a lesson that they are interested about but it doesn't work. in any case, how do I find out their interests? I only know that they are interested in watching Korean drama, playing PSP, skateboard. How can I make a lesson plan for that? Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

#3 Parent Yanni Zack - 2009-03-02

Dear Danny Boy,

The first thing you need to do to motivate your students is to find out what their interests are and then design lessons/activities around those interests.That way, the students will now become responsible for their learning.

Danny boy - 2009-03-02
how to motivate teenagers to study English?

Hello fellow teachers.

I am a teacher here in China. I teach in an International school.
So because of that, my students came from another country and just went here to study.
They are all rich kids.

The thing is they don't want to be here. They hate the country and they hate the school.
I have the most bored kids in school and don't want to study. I really don't know how to turn this around.
I am doing more creative ways to encourage them to study, become friendly, and know them. However, it doesn't work. So what do I do? Please help me.

Danny boy.

Return to Index › how to motivate teenagers to study English?

Go to another board -