TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › what are the guidelines and steps in teaching online english to koreans and japanese?
#1 Parent alex - 2009-04-04
Re: what are the guidelines and steps in teaching online english to koreans and japanese?

Online tutoring can be an enjoyable experience for both participants - the teacher and the student - especially if there is a mutual understanding of the informal nature that such a setting allows. Knowing from experience that Japanese students of English generally have a problem with communicative discourse, despite having a solid foundation in the form of the language, I would advise keeping it as informal as possible. Don't expect that your first few sessions will be extremely productive. Finding out what your individual students are interested in and engaging them in conversations about their interests can lead to some very successful sessions. In addition, I would advise keeping corrections to a minimum. When you have reached a point where you are clearly aware of the problem areas, you can address those problems through properly modeling the language without creating the anxiety that may result from constantly pointing out mistakes.

Good luck!

remy-ann toyhacao vanilla - 2009-04-03
what are the guidelines and steps in teaching online english to koreans and japanese?

hi, good day, please help me find the guidelines and steps on how to teach english language to koreans and japanese. i hope u can able to help me because i really want to teach english.but i do not know how to start the conversation with my students.God bless you..

Return to Index › what are the guidelines and steps in teaching online english to koreans and japanese?

Go to another board -