TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Illegal schools in China???
#1 Parent however, - 2005-01-27
Wow, very witty...

Wow. That was such a witty response. I especially like your very well timed use of clickable smileys. Spot on.

And the bad hair day comment, wow. Lame.

Regardless, if you actually read my posts I stated that I was from Canada.

Was there anything relevent that you wanted to say? Or do you just like to type?

#2 Parent bethanael - 2005-01-26
then leave

OOOPS....SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE HAVING A BAD HAIR DAY...EH??????
...WELL,AT LEAST,I'M HONEST ENOUGH TO ADMIT WHERE
I CAME FROM,NOT LIKE YOU? GET OFF THE STAGE&REMOVE
YOUR MASK!!!!

#3 Parent liuzhou - 2005-01-26
Illegal Schools Link

Any school which employs a foreign teacher without authorisation is breaking Chinese law and is therefore illegal!

To be certain, a legal school will be able to issue you with two documents BEFORE you arrive in China. These are required to obtain a legal working visa.

An employment permit from the Ministry of Labour or the State Bureau of Foreign Experts of China in addition to an invitation letter/fax from a Chinese governmental department or government-authorised company.

These entitle you to apply for a Z-visa

If the school says you don't need it, they are definitely lying.

If the school says to come on a tourist visa and they will sort it out when you arrive, they are probably lying.

#4 Parent Ferpectly Right - 2005-01-26
What?

I don't know which England you are talking about, but it is obvious you have never been to the 'real' one. Your talking BS. There are Indians and Arabs of course, but most are second or third generation and speak as fluently as the next person.

In any case, you are talking to the wrong people. This board is for ESL teachers, you need to go to the Chinese school owners board and bitch there.

And learn where the SHIFT key is will you?

IF YOU WILL GO TO ENGLAND,MOST OF THE WORKERS[TEACHERS OR NOT],CAME FROM INDIA,PAKISTAN,ARAB&ASIAN
COUNTRIES...
IF YOU WILL GO TO AMERICA,MOST OF THE WORKERS[TEACHERS&NON-TEACHERS] ARE FROM ASIA,ARAB COUNTRIES,CHINA,ETC.ETC.
IF YOU WILL GO TO CHINA,THEY WILL NOT HIRE YOU EVEN IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED,BECAUSE YOUR SKIN IS NOT WHITE.

#5 Parent duh - 2005-01-26
then leave

oh, America. That explains your ignorance

#6 Parent hmm - 2005-01-26
then leave

Oh. New York. That explains your arrogance.

#7 Parent bethanael - 2005-01-26
then leave

You are quite right there,I better go back to my native land in AMERICA,[New York],
"THE LAND OF THE FREE"
"THE HOME OF THE BRAVE"
Thank you for asking me to leave.... 8)

#8 Parent Mark - 2005-01-26
Thank you ,Mark! I see.

#9 Parent duh - 2005-01-26
yeah but no but

James me ol china

You make an interesting point: not all native speakers are English teachers

You might be neither a black, nor an Asian but judging by the standard of your English you most definitely shouldnt be teaching the language.

Good heavens man, I thought you believed in quality not qantity [sic]

#10 Parent hmm - 2005-01-26
then leave

If you think China is so racist and horrible, go and get a job in your own country. No one is forcing you to be here.

#11 Parent however, - 2005-01-26
discrimination

However, the countries you mentioned do not speak with a western English accent, which the market calls for.

Please keep in mind that caucasion people from Scotland, Ireland and South Africa have a difficult time finding a teaching job in China as well.

What about Jamaicans?

As well, how many Nigerian teachers are teaching in Korea or Japan?

Why are they not screaming about not being able to get a job there either? What makes China so horrid for only hiring people with the desired accent?

Think of it from their perspective. They want to learn English so they can talk just like a native English speaker. They want to learn this English so they can go to America, England, Canada or Australia. How many Chinese immigrants are there in Nigeria? So why would they want to learn that accent?

What about culture? A foreign English teacher comes here not only to teach their language but their culture as well! The Chinese students want to know everything about the culture differences between America and China. I'm a Canadian. The students don't give a rats ass about Canadian culture. As far as they are concerned I'm an American. ( snarl ) But my culture is similar enough to American culture that I am able to teach it as simply Western Culture.
Nigeria and the Phillipines are not considered "Western Culture".

They want English from First World Countries so that they can go there.

#12 Parent bethanael - 2005-01-26
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!

IF YOU WILL GO TO ENGLAND,MOST OF THE WORKERS[TEACHERS OR NOT],CAME FROM INDIA,PAKISTAN,ARAB&ASIAN
COUNTRIES...
IF YOU WILL GO TO AMERICA,MOST OF THE WORKERS[TEACHERS&NON-TEACHERS] ARE FROM ASIA,ARAB COUNTRIES,CHINA,ETC.ETC.
IF YOU WILL GO TO CHINA,THEY WILL NOT HIRE YOU EVEN IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED,BECAUSE YOUR SKIN IS NOT WHITE.

THERE SHOULD BE A CHANGE IN THE SYSTEM???OR IN THE MENTALITY OF CHINESE PEOPLE SOMEWHERE????
OTHERWISE,THE CHINESE WILL BE SHORTCHANGED IN THE LONG RUN!!!!
QUO VADIS THEN CHINA???TO GO ALONG WITH THE TIME&TIDE
OR GO BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG,WHICH IS "OBLIVION"
:? :D

#13 Parent james - 2005-01-26
WHY DESCRIMIANATION

CHINA IS A GREAT COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE OF CHINA ARE THE MOST HOSPITABLE SET OF PEOPLE, BUT RECENTLY COLOR DESCRIMINATION HAS BEEN ON THE INCREASE IN TERMS OF LANGUAGE TEACHING. THERE'RE LOTS OF NATIVE QUALIFIED ESL TEACHERS THAT WOULD NOT BE HIRED JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK OR LOOK LIKE ASIANS.IT IS CERTAIN THAT MANY WHITE COLOURED SKIN ARE NATIVES FOR GOD SAKE IMAGE A SLOVAKIAN BEING HIRED AS AN ENGLISH TEACHER, OKAY LETS TAKE THE RUSSIONS,COMPARED TO COUNTRIES THAT HAVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AS THEIR OFFICIAL LANGUAGE, SOME WERE COLONIZED BY THE BRITISH WHICH MEANS DESPITE THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE, ENGLISH IS THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN THIER COUNTRY.I'M NOT A BLACK NEITHER AM I AN ASIAN, BUT I BELEIVE IN QUALITY NOT QANTITY. HIRING AN AMERICAN WHO IS JUST AMECHANIC IS NOT A ENOUGH QUALIFICATION FOR ENGLISH TEACHING. NO WONDER MANY CHINESE GET THE WRONG EXPRESSION. WELL FOR THE RECORDS COUNTRIES LIKE NIGERIA,GHANA,SOUTH AFRICA,LIBERIA,PHILIPINE,SINGAPORE,INDIA,ENGLISH IS THEIR OFFICIAL LANGUAGE AND THEY HAVE BEEN USING ENGLISH RIGHT FROM BIRTH.
NOT ALL NATIVE SPEAKERS ARE ENGLISH TEACHERS. SCHOOLS NOTE.

#14 Parent Chunping Alex Wu - 2005-01-26
Watch! Avoid private schools!

Hi, Mark:
There is no ILLegal schools in China, but most of them might not be licensed. If not, it's not authorized to hire foreign teachers. Most of the elligals still ads for teachers but, by delaying the process. Once you taught a certain time for them, and they would fire you and get another for some other period of time.... Some even ask you if you wanted to have a contract or didn't matter, in a gesture that they could get a license for you, but actually they might not be able to.
Alex

Mark - 2005-01-25
Illegal schools in China???

How can I know which one is legal or illegal?
Can anyone tell me?
Can an illegal school hire a foreign teacher?

Return to Index › Illegal schools in China???

Go to another board -