TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: "What private providers in the ESL/EFL industry should NEVER do".
#1 Parent doesitmatter - 2009-05-02
Re: "What private providers in the ESL/EFL industry should NEVER do".

Okay, they are made to believe that; I won't argue with that. Truth be told, they are made to believe that about almost anywhere they end up. That is, schools, be they private training centers or international colleges (even the name is a scam), bring in students through successful marketing campaigns. An important aspect of their marketing is the sham of bragging about their "highly qualified and experienced foreign teachers." Now there's a croc for you - as in a "croc of s**t."

I don't say this lightly. I find it to be despicable that such schools feel they have to lie in order to pad their pockets. But what else can they do? They certainly can't brag about their highly commendable academic environments. On one level it's almost laughable how easily these young folks are sucked into a black hole of academic worthlessness. I mean they and/or their parents are so gullible that it's almost comical. But on the other hand they can't be blamed for their naivety in light of the social environment in which they've been raised where questioning authority is looked down upon. Of course that is slowly changing, but meanwhile the scam artists will continue to take advantage of them.

Return to Index › Re: "What private providers in the ESL/EFL industry should NEVER do".

Go to another board -