TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Ladies and gentlemen, please!
#1 Parent Turino - 2009-06-16
Re: Ladies and gentlemen, please!

I wouldn't disagree with what you said.
And then there are some posters who pretend to be naive at first.After said bait has been taken by an unsuspecting respondent,who is maybe a little careless in his (or her) reponse,the initial poster strikes back with a vengeance.Yes,there are many strange and deceitful initial postings on the board that deserve mulling over before one risks a reply.
All sorts of traps for the unwary on here,posters beware!

#2 Parent Jayvin - 2009-06-16

A lot of arguments on this board also start when posts are made with a hostile, superior tone just for the sake of it, as DitheringPidderPadder did. No one lost an argument here, as none was put forth by cunning linguist. Stating one's opinion does not necessarily constitute an argument. There's no reason to post such a response unless some one merely wants to garner negative attention.

#3 Parent Turino - 2009-06-16

It's been my experience that when some people are losing an arguement, or can not keep up with someone else in a certain areana, they claim martyrdom, hence becoming a victom, garnering sympathy, and in turn labeling said attacker as someone not to be trusted or listened to. This is also very common in online forums I have noticed, first become a victim, then garner sympathy, seen it a hundred times before. Sad.

I've seen it very often too.We both know who the people who do so on this forum are,but I'd rather not name them for fear of instigating more mud-slinging!

Return to Index › Re: Ladies and gentlemen, please!

Go to another board -