TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Racism in China
#1 Parent WDB - 2009-07-04
Re: Racism in China

CL, enjoyed your thoughtful reply and I don't disagree with your opinion. A world without humor is not one in which I would wish to willing participate.

However, Mr Hong and his retelling of an old joke, that some, not I, find racist is not important. I merely thought that Dr Catherine Yeoh's rebuttal contained some excellent material that substantially added to and refutes offending opinions, in my view, that China is a nation of racist in the 'Racism in China' thread. Also, MAYLAYSIAKINI is a paid subscription Malaysian news site and I did not wish to pay 20 RM's to see if there was more to the piece by Mr. Josh Hong. It may well be that he had much more to say on the matter of Chinese racism. Additionally, my Google search for Mr. Hong was not fruitful, the Net Nanny found his name offensive.

Please allow me to respond to your columnist Josh Hongs latest article titled Chinese racism - not quite in nutshell. For the sake of social peace, Hong's many serious but one-sided assertions must not go unchallenged intellectually.

As to Monsieur Mason, Leno and Letterman - it's Mason hands-down. Thanks for the memory.

Return to Index › Re: Racism in China

Go to another board -