TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Canada iNTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
#1 Parent ANET - 2009-08-23
Re: Canada iNTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

Yes, I recall that Labor Offices in many South Korean cities were very helpful. It seems they have become powerful in some unionized areas. Their eyes are wide open with respect to the Hagwon industry. They are effective in getting foreign employees wages owing to them by delinquent Hagwon owners. They cannot however enforce employment contracts in favor of FTs.

#2 Parent Megan - 2009-08-23
Re: Canada iNTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

I went through the Ministry of Labor. I was owed about 10,000,000 won, but only saw about 3,000,000 of it. It took me 3 months of waiting to get that! I'm not sure how to copy my review, if you could do it for me that would be great. I want people to be warned that they are taking big risks by working for Mr. Kim. I can't count the number of times he lied to parents and myself and threatened me. I'm very happy to be away from him and Korea.

ANET - 2009-08-22
Canada iNTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

Re: Black List IN KOREA - Canada International School -- Megan -- 22 July 2009
Do not work for CIS, Canada International School... http://www.cischool.com/ Mr. Kim, the owner, doesnt return tax refunds, underpays severance pay, refuses to write letters of recommendations if he ...
Re: Black List IN KOREA - Canada International School -- ANET -- 22 August 2009
Congratulations for hanging in! Are you saying that the hagwon finally settled with you? If not, what was the Court's decision? How did you manage with the submission of all documents in Korean?
YOU MAY WANT TO POST YOUR EXPERIENCE ON THE SCHOOL REVIEWS PAGE OF THIS WEB SITE AS WELL.
Sad to see a reputable school so quickly turned into living hell.

Return to Index › Canada iNTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

Go to another board -