TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA?
#1 Parent Amy Fowler - 2009-09-08
Re: HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA?

That seems much more simple than trying to get them done here! i had read that i would need them again once i got there so it seems pointless to spend that much money getting the tests done private in the UK. I'll get onto them today and try to get it sorted!

Thank you so much!
Amy

#2 Parent robert gordon - 2009-09-08
Re: HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA?

Hi Amy,

you will need to run same tests here in china before you get the working visa.They will not consider the ones you ran in the UK.So if I were you,I will head straight for China.I hope your employer has assured you that he has the right papers to employ a foriegn teacher?If yes,then they will take you to a Chinese hospital here for medicals,and then take you to the immigration Police department to issue your working visa once all is clear.

Amy Fowler - 2009-09-07
HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA?

Hi, I have just got my first job teaching English at a Chinese University. I am supposed to leave the UK on the 23rd of September however i'm having a little difficulty getting all of the medical tests i require (chest Xray, ECG, Lab tests for AIDS, syphilis ect). My employer hasn't arranged a medical for me so i've been to my GP who did all of the basic test, however he cannot refer me for the others as i have no symptoms which would suggest i need them. The private hospitals in my area can't give me an appointment to see a consultant until November, but they also said that i can't have a private ECG unless my doctor refers me!!! Did anybody else have a similar problem? I've also tried to contact the Chinese Embassy in London to find out the actual requirements for work, however i've been trying to ring for 3 days and haven't got through once.

It appears that these tests are a legal requirement to work in China however is it not enough that my doctor has said that i don't require them, surly if there was something wrong he would have sent me for the tests on the NHS. I don't know if its just the area in which i live but i would really appreciate the help of anyone from the UK who had to organise their own physical examination and how they went about it. I really seem to have hit a brick wall with this and 23rd is approaching fast!

Thanks

Return to Index › HOW CAN I GET A FULL MEDICAL FOR THE UK IN CHINA?

Go to another board -