TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › China Z visa Requirements: TEFL needed for teaching in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen
#1 Parent Jason - 2009-09-10
Re: China Z visa Requirements: TEFL needed for teaching in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen

This was a reply sent by Molly Leighton from English First. I'm including what she wrote below,

Your application has been reviewed, and due to the current visa requirements in China , in order to obtain a work visa to teach in Shanghai , Beijing , Shenzhen or Guangzhou you will need to complete a TEFL course. We encourage you to look into options for obtaining TEFL certification, if you have an interest in working in these cities in China .

I'm primarily interested in these cities and more likely Shenzhen or Guanzhou with a metro...

Has anyone else been told the same by other recruiters?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

#2 Parent Monitor - 2009-09-09
Re: China Z visa Requirements: TEFL needed for teaching in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen

In China,one Chinese recruiter says 'black',while another says 'white' is a common scenario.
I suggest you contact some other Chinese recruiters. If it is indeed true, you'll just have to avoid the big cities you've mentioned in order to stay here and teach - not a bad thing either imo.
By the way, which Chinese recruiter gave you the aforesaid info?

Jason - 2009-09-09
China Z visa Requirements: TEFL needed for teaching in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen

I was told by one of the Recruiters that they won't be able to help me get a Z visa if I don't have TEFL certification for teaching in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen or Guangzhou. Is this true? I have a degree from the States and currently already living in China for a year with L visa (expires in March 2010).

Thanks in advance

Jason
sandinstone @ gmail . com

Return to Index › China Z visa Requirements: TEFL needed for teaching in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen

Go to another board -