TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi
#1 Parent Go for it! - 2010-04-12
Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi

If you don't have a degree and you are are thinking of using an agent to find a job in China, then I wish you well. Agents can be very helpful for FT's without a degree. Some agents will even obtain a fake degree for you, talk about great service! Cheers and beers to fake degrees, brickbats to crap Chinese universities and crap Chinese employers. They deserve to be exploited and cheated!

#2 Parent Rin - 2010-04-11

Hi,
I am at the stage of using an agent as i don't have a degree. Will the agent you use take me and my partner on knowing that we don't have degrees? If so, can you maybe give me their details please? Thanks. :)

#3 Parent groucho - 2009-09-15

Modus operandi.
does he have an email i can contact him thanks.

#4 Parent Monitor - 2009-09-14

i did not see any agent or recruiter, good yet, if you have ANY let me know. heheheheh

Generally speaking, attractive educational establishments in China never employ their FT's through agents. I think that's because a significant proportion of jobseekers who use agents are underqualified to teach, either in terms of paper qualifications, or in terms of teaching experience, or in terms of both. I should mention what I mean by attractive in this context - it means well-known for its high academic standards, or located near somewhere frequented by many tourists.
By contrast, the kind of educational establishment that usually depends on agents for its FT's tends to be unattractive to many jobseekers. Bear in mind that educational establishments would rather recruit FT's directly at no cost than indirectly, which would usually involve the additional expense of intrduction fees paid to agents.
That said, those jobseekers holding excellent paper qualifications and relevant teaching experience while being white native speakers of English well under retirement age are much sought after by ESL employers, especially blonde women with good looks. They needn't use an agent.In contrast, if you're not that kind of jobseeker, you'd be well-advised to do as I do, and use one of the better agents, according to the criteria of his(or her) preferred modus operandi, as previously specified by me. I've PM'ed you the full name and e-mail of one that I use.

#5 Parent groucho - 2009-09-14

i did not see any agent or recruiter, good yet, if you have ANY let me know. heheheheh

#6 Parent Monitor - 2009-09-11

It's good that my post made you happy. Hopefully, what you wrote about what occurred when you and your friend met the 'old Chinese wolf' recruiter in Shanghai will make pretty young foreign girls seeking teaching jobs who have read this post wary.
It has also prompted me to relate what happened one day last summer whilst I was in the company of my recruiter. He was in a bad mood for some reason that morning. In the space of four hours I was witness to him quarrelling vociferously with his wife, in their apartment twice, and in public once. She appeared not to be angered as she tried to calm him down. I should add that he also quarrelled in public with a foreign teacher who was in his direct employment teaching some young students and their parents. During class, he criticised the foreigner for using inappropriate vocabulary in terms of its high level of difficulty. I'm glad to say that unlike the recruiter's wife, the foreigner didn't back down. As I was rather upset and extremely embarrassed by my recruiter's ignorant behavior, I decided never to visit him again. He can find me a suitable job when I need one. As for socializing with him, I'll pass!

#7 Parent The Owl - 2009-09-11
Good old Frank?

You just described Frank Zhang. That's his M.O.
Was it him?

#8 Parent Brigitte - 2009-09-11

I am happy to read your post. In Shanghai I met a Chinese recruite in his office with my girlfreind. He was very willing to become the boyfriend of me or my girlfreind. He was small and fatty. We got jobs as teachers for Englisch later. Thanks for him.
Be careful if you are a young pretty girl. We don't need old men in China for making us happy. And he sent us much e-mails. We don't need them. When we do not reply him, he sends us e-mails for a so long time.
Pretty blond girls can not wear short dresses or stockings at this agent's office. He is an old wolf. That's all.

Monitor - 2009-09-11
My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi

By 'recruiter', I mean someone who tries to find employment in the Chinese education sector for a foreigner. What about their modus operandi?
(1) Some recruiters will demand a fee for their services from said foreigner; (2) others won't ever.
(3) Some will not provide said foreigner with a potential employer's contact details before a contract has been signed; (4) others will.
(5) Some will not provide a potential employer with said foreigner's contact details before a contract has been signed; (6) others will.
(7)Some will pay you direct while you teach at an educational establishment that they have sent you to; (8) others will take no more than their introduction fee from a potential employer, after which the provision of your employment package is the sole responsibility of said employer.

(2)(4)(6)(8) is my preferred Chinese recruiters' modus operandi.

Return to Index › My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi

Go to another board -