TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Z-visa and Employment Permit Expenses.
#1 Parent Monitor - 2009-09-23
Re: Z-visa and Employment Permit Expenses.

I am just curious about the Z-Visa and Employment Permit expenses. Who should shoulder the corresponding expenses? Is there any mandate from the Department of Foreign Experts about this matter?

The official procedure is that you should obtain your Z visa before entering China to talke up employment. So, you ought to shoulder that expense. I reckon it won't be reimbursed.
As for the Residents' Permit, most employers will obtain it for you free of charge. I would doubt very much that a mandate has been issued re the aforementioned expenses.

Furthermore, is it necessary for me to process my Z-Visa before coming to China?

If you don't get your Z visa before coming to China, you'll most probably arrive here on an L visa. It seems that L visas can no longer be replaced by Z visas in most of China's provinces. I'm almost certain it can't be done in Shaanxi.
However, at present, the grapevine suggests it's possible to change to a Chinese Z visa for the mainland in Hong Kong. But that process can't be relied upon - it was suspended during 2008 due to the Olympics.
Personally, I'd recommend that you come here on a Z visa. However, it's up to you which way you choose to come here - you pays your money and takes your chance!

Renz - 2009-09-23
Z-visa and Employment Permit Expenses.

Hi Everybody!

I am just curious about the Z-Visa and Employment Permit expenses. Who should shoulder the corresponding expenses? Is there any mandate from the Department of Foreign Experts about this matter?

Furthermore, is it necessary for me to process my Z-Visa before coming to China?

Please enlighten me again.

Thanks.

Return to Index › Z-visa and Employment Permit Expenses.

Go to another board -