TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe is a Crappy Agency
#1 Parent Happy Teacher - 2009-11-13
Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe is a Crappy Agency

Strange.
Angelina's helped me secure a position last year, paying 1x,xxx,plus paid apartment and utilities, flight bonus in a Tertiary Teaching Institution in Zhejiang province with perks and all holidays paid, other than the 2 month summer break.
I found their service was fine, they initially provided the introduction to the employer, and from there everything went smoothly.
They have no part in contract negotiation or dispute settlement of any kind. They are there to introduce prospective Teachers to jobs in China. They should not be held responsible for shady employers.

As far as i am concerned, i would use their services again, if needed. Don't know about the Kiwi or Canadian reference, but i am Canadian if that makes a difference.

Cheers

#2 Parent EFL Laoshi in Sichuan - 2009-11-12

You see, I'm A Kiwi, not a Canadian.

So, Kiwi's are smarter than Canadians? You must be exceptional.
It's truly amazing to me that with all the censorship on this board that nationalism, so long as it is not Chinese nationalism, is tolerated.

I mentioned that I am a Kiwi because, as one, I needn't air fare recompense/reimbursement involving flights to Canada, unlike my Canadian colleague. I'm not implying I'm smarter than him. As for censorship on this board, I reckon it's minimal, as a lot of meaty stuff gets posted. In fact, I regard it as a great board, a board for man, not for wimps.
Fortunately for me, I didn't use said crappy recruiter. So, unlike my Canadian colleage, I will receive all of the relevant perks that apply to my situation, as mentioned in my original post.

All recruiters are not bad. All universities are not good. All foreign teachers are neither good nor bad. IT'S called LIFE.

In fact, I never said all recruiters are bad. I also used one to get a teaching post here. Fortunately for me, my recruiter wasn't Angelina's, the subject of this thread. And I'm fully aware that all universities are not good. Neither are all FT's - some have poor reading comprehension.

In course adjustments are often, no, more often than not, necessary.

#3 Parent Native Son - 2009-11-11

You see, I'm A Kiwi, not a Canadian.
So, Kiwi's are smarter than Canadians? You must be exceptional.

It's truly amazing to me that with all the censorship on this board that nationalism, so long as it is not Chinese nationalism, is tolerated.

Fortunately for me, I didn't use said crappy recruiter. So, unlike him, I will receive all of the relevant perks that apply to my situation, as mentioned above.

All recruiters are not bad. All universities are not good. All foreign teachers are neither good nor bad. IT'S called LIFE.

In course adjustments are often, no, more often than not, necessary.

#4 Parent EFL Laoshi in Sichuan - 2009-11-10

Where I am teaching in China, my Canadian colleague had arrived one semester in advance of me, thanks to, but actually no thanks are due, to said crappy agency.
Unfortunately, in spite of having signed a teaching contract for one academic year, he has already missed out on his monthly salary payment for the school vacation this summer as well as the travel allowance for it, and even worse, he will receive no recompense at all in lieu of a single/return long haul flight between Beijing and the major Canadian airport nearest to his hometown.
Fortunately for me, I didn't use said crappy recruiter. So, unlike him, I will receive all of the relevant perks that apply to my situation, as mentioned above. You see, I'm A Kiwi, not a Canadian.
He says the cafe's website looks cool, but that doesn't mean it provides a good service, and advises all foreigners to steer clear of said crappy agency! In my view, his advice is well worth heeding.

Return to Index › Re: Angelina's ESL Cafe is a Crappy Agency

Go to another board -