TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Not all! - ESL discussion
#1 Parent Turino - 2009-11-24
Re: Not all! - ESL discussion

Why do FT's choose to apply to EF and the like for teaching jobs? In my view, it's because the salaries on offer are well above average.But with the higher salaries come long working hours,maybe including weekend and evening teaching as well as teaching children,which is generally far from easy for academics.Of course,the owners of such privately-run training centers are in it for the money.If one is not reasonably popular with one's students and their parents,who are the ultimate judges of one's teaching here in China,one will be shown the door.
take your pick.As for me,i'm not interested in working myself to a standstill for an increased salary,with the risk of being fired if a cheaper-to-employ version of myself applies for a job there.
If I were the kinda guy that thrives on being a rat in a rat race,I would work for EF.But my view of life is contrary to the view of many of their
FT's.The reason i'm in China is to get out of the rat race,as run in the West,not to re-enter it here!Middle school or college or university teaching in the public sector in China is right up my street,but that's not to say that all such educational establishments are not without workplace problems.As I said earlier,take your pick according to your teaching ability,financial needs and a full understanding of what can happen where you choose to teach.

Return to Index › Re: Not all! - ESL discussion

Go to another board -