TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: A Note on the quality of the Chinese text in the OP's post
#1 Parent englishgibson - 2009-12-20
Re: A Note on the quality of the Chinese text in the OP's post

I have heard of this company and even called its reps for an interview in Chongqing about two weeks ago. A guy named Jack was to offer an immediate online interview which seemed great, although the reps were somewhat clueless which brings me to the quote below

Hampson 和其他私人学校只是那里赚钱,他们没有真正把学生!教师!是谁照顾学生的学习如何唯一!它让我生病,中华民族正对自己的人民赚大钱!还,很多学生,负担不起私人教育费!他们会做得更好寻找英语老师在家里教他们,!更便宜
When taking a closer look at the Chinese text, then I must really doubt whether this text was really written by a native Chinese speaker. I have discovered a number of grave grammar mistakes in the text like
Believe it or not, there are many Chinese that do not speak the standard Mandarin adequately enough. In Chongqing itself, there are scores of locals that cannot speak any Mandarin at all and they aren't only the oldies, but also some very young ones, some even fresh out of their schools. My wife, that is a Chinese national and a teacher herself, has had a great problem communicating with a doctor at one children's hospital in Chongqing ones. Even though my wife asked him to speak to her in standard Chinese, he went on in local Chongqinghua there. Some would say, these people do not want to speak the standard Mandarin, but is that really the case?

Cheers and beers to a country that just doesn't seem to be able to standardize anything at all :)

Return to Index › Re: A Note on the quality of the Chinese text in the OP's post

Go to another board -