TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › validity of a Residence Permit
Confused - 2010-01-19
validity of a Residence Permit

Last year I was working at a school in Hubei province, I left the school on bad terms ( I accused them of breaching the contract, they accused me of breaching it, I did not do a runner however ) I did not get a letter of release, but I applied for a job at a university in Guangdong province, i worked there for a few months. I asked the local police in both Shunde and Maoming if my RP ( residence permit was still valid ) in Guangdong, they said yes, but that I could possibly be blacklisted after June 30 2010 ( RP expiry date )

I am back in my home country now, but I have been accepted by a uni in Guangxi province. They want me to come to China by Feb 25 on a tourist (L) visa, and they will convert it to a Z-visa.

But I am worried that there will be suspicion when I have a valid RP and then a new L visa in my passport.

Should I just arrive in China on my existing residence permit and forget about the L visa? Will my new uni be able to renew it for me when it expires at the end of June? Some people have told me ( including Guangdong police) that my RP is valid no matter where I am in China, as long as it does not have a "cancelled" stamp on it. Other people have told me it is illegal to transfer to another employer using the same residence permit.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Return to Index › validity of a Residence Permit

Go to another board -