TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: New to all of this
#1 Parent englishgibson - 2010-01-28
Re: New to all of this

If it is worth it depends on what you're looking for in a sense of, both private and professional life. In my view, either way, you'd be better in some EU nations and some former Soviet Block countries that've opened up come to mind. South America wouldn't be a bad choice, although you'd have to choose the country there carefully. Personally, I'd love to work in Argentina and that especially for its people and their life style. Asian countries offer some really slippery grounds for westerners and the educational sector isn't any different. In countries like Japan, Korea or China, there's a lot of back stabbing and if you choose to come, you'll have to be aware of their poor ethical standards too. Then if I had to choose over one of these three mentioned countries in Asia, I would go with Japan due to their visa standards and that coz you own your visa there. Koreans and Chinese will reserve their rights to "own you" and you will not be legally allowed to freelance elsewhere. Moreover, you'll have some of the most difficult times to stay on in China, if you decide to move on and change employers after one contract. Worse may happen to you, if some farce employer, and there are many on mainland, decides you aren't good enough.

Cheers and beers to all the fts around the world

Return to Index › Re: New to all of this

Go to another board -