TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › china: convert L to Z visa
#1 Parent Chengdu CT - 2010-02-19
Re: china: convert L to Z visa

I have been in CD for some time. Getting into the country shouldn't be a problem. Everyone I have talked with recently has had to go to HK to change their visa to a Z visa. Don't worry about it too much, you should be able to get your L visa extended twice for 30 days.

Which university are you going to? Watch out for SIchuan Normal and any of their affliates. Their foreign affairs office is incompetent and has a history of screwing up people's visas.

#2 Parent nathan - 2010-02-12
Re: china: convert L to Z visa

You won t have any problem getting into China, as i have done this before myself. I have heard that they do occasionally ask you about a one way ticket, however you can just say you are moving on after 30 days and everything will be ok.

After your visa has run out, normally you do have to leave china, and say go to hong kong whilst they convert your visa to a Z visa, however this will depend on what type of relationship your school has with the local government. If they have a good relationship, this can easily be converted without the need for leaving China.

I went to Kaifeng last year, with an L visa, and a one way ticket, and had no problems. My school converted my visa for me and i didnt have to leave China, however you MUST check what the school can do for you!!!!

kurtg44 - 2010-02-03
china: convert L to Z visa

Am heading to Chengdu, China on a one-way ticket, with a tourist visa to find work in a university that will convert to a Z visa. Will I have problems entering the country on a one-way ticket? Do I have to leave the country to get the visa? Thanks for your response.

Return to Index › china: convert L to Z visa

Go to another board -