TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Question about L visa
#1 Parent Light side - 2010-03-08
Re: Question about L visa

I had not hear this. The last time I got an L visa extension, last year, it was 180 yuan. That was for zero entries though. The single entry was 980, big difference.

#2 Parent Turino - 2010-03-07

Seemingly,the 'good' relationship between the UK government and the Chinese government has turned sour recently,not that I care about that in the least!
It could be that the cost of a Chinese L visa has shot up dramatically as a result.Some UK citizens believe said visa is still cheap at the new price,but I beg to differ,as the price has approximately trebled!
By the way,it's not a visa extension you applied for,but a visa renewal!

#3 Parent miss_t - 2010-03-07

Yes you need to provide a copy of your registration form if you want to get the "extension" in China. There are no problems registering on a tourist visa at the local PSB, they tell you to do it on the immigration forms. Like i said earlier, so long as you've filled in the paper work correctly or gone to the PSB on time, they really don't care, it's that pass the buck mentality, they've done their small portion of their job to the letter that's all the matters!

Unless you're applying for a multi entry L visa with a year validity which i think it wouldn't hurt to have an itinerary of what you plan on doing to help the application, no you don't have to show anything. Not even an airline ticket or hotel booking anymore. This is all for UK passports tho! The extension for a UK passport in China is 160rmb a time, but for a US one i hear it's over 1000rmb. Something about the UK and China having a friendly relationship....or as i call it, Hong Kong!

#4 Parent Light side - 2010-03-06

I am just curious, as there seem to be changes, and it has been some time since I got a tourist visa renewed. Do they still ask for bank slips for proof of a certain amount of money in the bank? Seems like a lot of nonsense red tape to me.

#5 Parent Light side - 2010-03-06

Miss_t, I'm just curious, did you show them a hotel slip, or did you actually register with the local police, and if so, doesn't it make them suspicious if you do so on a tourist visa? Also, what was the cost, and what paperwork did they ask you for exactly? Thanks :)

#6 Parent miss_t - 2010-03-05

Hi!

Yes you can do this on a "new" L visa - they don't care how many old visas are in your passport, just so long as the paper work you're submitting right there and then in is order....it's some of that mighty fine Chinese thinking! In fact i'm picking my passport up on Monday wity my second extension on a 3rd "new" L visa!!!!!! It's no problem, and i'm in Shanghai where the word was they were tightening controls because of the Expo...no such thing! x x x

Light side - 2010-03-04
Question about L visa

Hey all, I've got a question about a tourist visa. I know you can get a tourist visa renewed twice before you have to get a new one, but can you do this 2 times? Meaning, if you have one L visa, get it renewed twice, and then get another, can you also get that renewed twice as well?

I've been told by some that you can not, but I thought that if it was a new visa a person could always get renewals done.

Also, anyone know of any other visa offices in Hubei province where someone can get an extension besides the one in Wuhan? Thanks.

Return to Index › Question about L visa

Go to another board -