TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Car Industry in China
#1 Parent englishgibson - 2010-03-05
Re: Car Industry in China

cars crash anywhere in a world. in developed countries we've got investigations to fatal car crashes and they probably have those in china too, don't they? there're more than 200 000 fatalities on chinese roads yearly. in china, would they ever say it was the road, not the driver, or it was the car, not the driver? i've seen all kinda "cars" and i also have seen few traffic signs or hidden (behind the tree) traffic signs around. a life in china is worth what it is worth and the car industry is surely more important.

as someone on has mentioned the alternate fuel and chinese making it through successfully, i share the same view. i think the main reason here to convert from oil is to set a new tone in economy as oil, thanks to the american system, has been supporting the US dollar since the gold there was replaced in, what 1970s. alternate fuel market would put the dollar in an uncertain position and all the oil companies that've invested so much in in a rather peculiar position. however, the chinese have recently invested heavily in canadian (alberta) sands as well as in some african countries fields and so i do not completely believe they've got such a concrete plan going for them yet. many countries have tried alternate source of energy plans, although runing into brick walls later.

the copyrights issue that someone else has also mentioned on this topic is a rather intriguing one as even china's got its regulations now. well, not so enforced as it looks. chinese see the copyrights abuse in a different way than we see it. from my experience, there've been business people that firstly "did the crime" and then they bought their way out of it somewhat. my observation is that the WTO has been greatly cheated by this country, although the current economic situation around the world isn't helping the organization to make any decisions against this country. the world now somewhat depends on the cheap products out of mainland, doesn't it? moreover, china's become a cheap labor camp to many western investors as well and it might be pretty hard to get out of it now.

cheers and beers to safe wheels and economies that do not depend on some dishonest farts with poor quality and short warranties of products

Return to Index › Re: Car Industry in China

Go to another board -