TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Small classes, young kids - HELP!
#1 Parent Nikki - 2010-03-11
Re: Small classes, young kids - HELP!

Hi,

I taught 8-10 year olds in china last year and I had the same issues in getting them to pay attention. One day I made a competition between the girls and boys, if they were bad they lost a point etc. and they soon did the discipline themselves in order to be the winning team. All I neeed to do was count to 3 and if they weren't quiet by that time their team lost a point. Obviously try and work on the positives as much as possible ie, for the best behaved team give a point etc. be generous but fair with your point giving...they will soon pick you up if you don't maintain the same system for deducting points!

Matt Toy - 2010-03-08
Small classes, young kids - HELP!

I've just started teaching classes of between 2 and 14 students (kindergarten age mainly), after teaching classes of over 30 for more than two years and, although I know it will take time to get used to it, i feel I need to get some advice.

The kids are Chinese and can be very 'hard to please'! I have one or two kids that are off the wall - they spend their time running around the class doing everything except that which I ask them or want to do with them.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of any good articles or books for teaching very young kids, specifically in small classes and especially those with behaviour issues?

Thanks in advance

Return to Index › Small classes, young kids - HELP!

Go to another board -