TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman?
#1 Parent I B - 2010-03-11
Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman?

English has some delightful expressions, such as 'bar steward' and the imported German word, 'arschloch', doesn't it?
It may surprise you to know that my wife and I were permitted to enter the UK. But in my opinion that does not mean that the Home Office's regulations re British nationals' foreign spouses are fair. Actually, my wife and I have no intention of returning to the UK, not even for another vacation, and I took steps some time ago to transfer all of my funds into her name, so that who remains of my family nor the UK government nor a solicitor won't get a brass farthing of my money after I die.
My opinions reflect my feelings for what has already happened to other Westerners with foreign wives. And I can sympathise with your past disappointments re the Home Office. What I said was not aimed at what you had said, but rather as an expression of my bitterness re the Home Office's MO. That said, I suppose its discrimination is small cheese compared to British soldiers losing their lives in Iraq due to Blair having followed Bush in there, like his running dog!
China has its faults too, but I've been here long enough to realize there's nought for me back in the UK, and I'd better stay here for keeps.
At least we FT's are respected very much here, even those of us getting on in years. To me, that's a refreshing and welcome change from being looked down upon and considered a nonentity by many of my fellow citizens back home in good old Blighty!

Return to Index › Re: What are the benefits of marrying a Chinese woman?

Go to another board -