TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Health Care - Aston school
#1 Parent Monitor - 2010-03-15
Re: Health Care - Aston school

The owner/president/CEO of Aston or American Educational Service, what ever he wants to call his position is an American who loves the poor labor standards of China.

If you work for training centers or private schools in China, you can expect to be cast aside and cheated if you are no longer in a position to make money for them, or if they happen to go to the wall. They're all the same, but I for one am fortunate enough to have gotten a teaching job in the state sector here in China. However, even as a contracted teacher at a public school, 30 days in a row of being absent from class will lead to automatic cancellation of your contract, which will mean your residence permit will be cancelled too. As for bonuses and flight reimbursement, you'd probably receive a percentage of them, depending on how many weeks of your contract you had completed at the time you were forced to stop teaching due to illness.
Avoid teaching in the private education sector in China, if at all possible; that's my advice!

ltmom - 2010-03-14
Health Care - Aston school

I have been working at an Aston school here in China and one of the reasons for me taking this position was because it offered a health plan. So when I took sick last month I went to use it. WHat do you think I found out. Well I found out that we have no health plan at all! It is just a ploy to get you work here. Aston has cost me a lot of money as I had to return home here to New Zealand on my own ticket. I lost my bonus as I had to cancel my contract with them. The owner/president/CEO of Aston or American Educational Service, what ever he wants to call his position is an American who loves the poor labor standards of China. He seperates himself with liars and cheats in Dalian and in his franchised schools. This is just one of the many ways they rob you here. Do not go to work for them.

Return to Index › Health Care - Aston school

Go to another board -