TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: The hard business of running a crappy training centre
#1 Parent Turino - 2010-03-19
Re: The hard business of running a crappy training centre

No matter re your inappropriate use of 'stating the bleeding obvious'.The main thing is that the daily problems and other difficulties that an FT in China may encounter in and after class are being highlighted on the board.This can not only let each of us know that there are others in the same,or perhaps in a worse plight,thereby lessening our disappointment and frustration to some extent.Of course,that's not to say we should brush it under the carpet and go with the flow.One thing must be painfully obvious to all FT's here.That is that we have immersed ourselves in a very different culture from our own,one that is changing rapidly and doesn't know where it's going,at the same time finding it difficult to shed itself of its bad side,which has been practised for centuries on end!
Let's not forget that Chinese students are part of the education system too,and also may have insurmountable problems caused by it,within an education system that has in its wisdom empowered them to judge their teachers,Chinese and foreign,en masse.Some 'wisdom'!When I was educated, my teachers judged me,and no-one ever gave my classmates and me the onerous task of judging them.The vast majority of us would have felt that that would have been inappropriate!

Return to Index › Re: The hard business of running a crappy training centre

Go to another board -