TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Racist CELTA teacher
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2010-03-26
Re: Racist CELTA teacher

Racism is always there whereever you go, with that being said it still peeves me when it happens. Jambai you will need to prepare proper evidence because if you want t file a lawsuit you will need to cite when, where, who, how it happened and etc. Just stating one side of the story about the bad attitude and poor treatment may only be considered circumstantial unless it happened daily or regularly. You will have to go into details. But personally nobody deserves this.

#2 Parent cunnning linguist - 2010-03-24

Depends on the outcome you are seeking.

• Have you paid for the whole course?
  • Do you want a refund?
  • How much of the course did you complete? For example did you get as far as being involved in the external moderation of the course?
  • Are there others in the class you will back up your allegation?
  • Have you kept any sort of record of the language used by the teacher towards you and the reasons s/he gave for your "eviction"?

The simple answer is to set your case in an email or letter to the oversight organisation at Cambridge whose details can be found on their website. You will need to cite chapter and verse about the whole incident.

• #3 Parent Smitty - 2010-03-24

Well, you could always pull a large frame handgun and demand some F-ing respect of course. That is a bit extreme, but sometimes it can be effective. Or you could call Cambridge and report the matter and demand that some action be taken and after that, you should file a lawsuit. Or, just realize that racism is everywhere and keep on stepping and pretend it never happened. Let's just hope that the same clown is not teaching you DELTA class.

jambal - 2010-03-23
    Racist CELTA teacher

does anbody know what i should do if i were treated very bad on celta and thrown out by a racist teacher?

Return to Index › Racist CELTA teacher

Go to another board -