TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Wolf In Sheep Clothing
#1 Parent Coppercat - 2010-04-01
Re: Wolf In Sheep Clothing

Why most well-informed FT's won't apply for jobs there - part-time work; probably a lot of unsociable hours in order to suit clients' needs; hours will most likely mean clock hours, not teaching periods (as the Chinese say, teaching hours); no guarantee of how many hours you can get.
Typical TC contract - the carrot is the 200 Yuan an hour. but there are many imponderables. Personally, I wouldn't risk it to get the biscuit!

#2 Parent Darren Pender - 2010-04-01
Re: Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

The silly name of that 'school' is a dead giveaway, so keep away! I pity those foreigners who have no alternative but to work for that kind of 'school'. Be wary of the big bad wolf!
As for the big cities of China, they are frequented by many haughty foreigners who are all mouth and no trousers, especially DOS's and academic managers, most of whom grovel to their Chinese bosses while treating ordinary FT's like dirt.

wendy_h80 - 2010-04-01
Wolf In Sheep Clothing

Isaw this offer here today and laughed at it. You will like to know about this place Turnoi. This is the new and improved Aston schools that they are placing in the larger cities of Beijing, Shanghai etc. Did you see a contract offer other than the 200 RMB an hour. You will have to find your own apartment with these fools and there is more to fallow I am sure of that. Spread the word to avoid the Oxprf Schools as they are Aston in a new form.
http://eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/China/index.pl?read=144278

Return to Index › Wolf In Sheep Clothing

Go to another board -