TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: moving pets
#1 Parent info - 2010-04-17
Information on bringing my dog to South Korea
#2 Parent DJanae - 2010-04-17
Re: moving pets

Lots of helpful information. right now I am looking at a good class for my 7 year old dog to join to assist her in having better manners ;-) I would hate to have her cause Chaos on the plane.... then again I've heard some very loud and disturbing children on some flights.... Now I am trying to research different countries and their rules of bringing her in. So far Korea and Thailand seem to be the easiest. I guess I haven't looked much at China perhaps I should.

#3 Parent Dianne - 2010-04-16
Re: moving pets

We brought our dog to China in 2005. He had to have his shots up to date. You also have to have a
special piece of paper from the (Canadian) government stating he had his shots. When you arrive in Beijing
he will be put into quarantine for 30 days. The place was good and he was fine when we picked him up.
They have an area were they could run and get exercise. They charge for board and food. It cost us around 1000 rmb.

When you are ready to leave China, he has to get a rabies shot. You will get a green piece of paper
with a stamp on it that allows you take them out of the country. You can get this done in Beijing.

When you arrive back in Canada you show the paper and he is good to go. In Beijing there are alots of vets
and groomers for your dog.

People in China still eat dog but they are not pets.

Hope this helps.

Return to Index › Re: moving pets

Go to another board -